Official Rules and Regulations for Giveaways
Putting Edge “Free Pass Friday” Twitter Giveaway Official Rules and Regulations
The Giveaway is intended to be conducted in Canada and the United States of America only and shall be conducted according to applicable laws. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes acceptance of these Giveaway Rules.
1. Who Can Enter. The Putting Edge Corp. Twitter Giveaway is open to any person who is 13 years of age and older at time of entry, who follows @PuttingEdge via Twitter, and who is either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, residing in Canada, or United States of American citizen, permanent resident of United States of America, residing in United States of America, on the Giveaway Closing Date. Void in whole or in part where prohibited by law. Putting Edge Corp. individuals associated with the Giveaway, including the Putting Edge Corp.’s employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, promotional and marketing agencies, and any member of the immediate families of any of the foregoing and other individuals with whom any of the foregoing are domiciles, are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway.
2. Giveaway Period. The Giveaway begins and on Friday of every week. Once the number of people eligible to receive a Free Pass has been met, the Giveaway will close. Please note that once the Giveaway has been closed, a tweet will go out informing @PuttingEdge followers that the Giveaway is closed and the winners must direct message @PuttingEdge their mailing address and phone number.
3. How to Enter. No purchase necessary. To enter the Giveaway, a @PuttingEdge follower must complete a “Giveaway Entry” by tweeting #FreePassFriday to @PuttingEdge. A fully and correctly completed entry post received by Putting Edge Corp. within the Giveaway Period will generate a valid Giveaway Entry. A post that is incomplete, illegible, damaged or irregular, or that contains false of offensive information, as determined by Twitter and Putting Edge Corp. will not generate a valid Giveaway Entry.
4. Prizes. There will be five prizes awarded each Friday during the Giveaway, consisting of two free passes to Putting Edge. Any costs associated with the Prize are the responsibility of the winner. The Putting Edge Corp. will not be responsible or liable for any possible damages or injuries that may occur as a result of the use of a Prize. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to direct message @PuttingEdge with their mailing address and phone number. Once received, the person(s) in charge of the Free Pass Friday Giveaway at Putting Edge Corp. must call the winner to confirm their mailing address and congratulate them personally.
Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the Giveaway, and the number of Giveaway Entries submitted during the Giveaway Period. Entries will not be eligible if not entered in accordance with these Giveaway Rules above or if not entered during the Giveaway Period.
Total Giveaway Prize Value: Maximum value of C$21.00 each
5. Prize Conditions. The following other conditions apply to the Prizes:
(a) Prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions, alterations, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made.
(b) Prize may not be transferred or assigned except if expressly consented to by Putting Edge Corp.
(c) Where applicable, a Giveaway winner is responsible for all taxes, surcharges and fees associated with receipt or use of the Prize. Any charges and/or expenses not specifically mentioned as included in the Prize are the responsibility of the winner.
(d) Putting Edge Corp. does not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Entries or Prize.
(e) Persons from the same household who have won or previously won two free passes through the Free Pass Friday Giveaway shall not be eligible to enter the Free Pass Friday Giveaway again for 30 days after winning the Giveaway.
(f) Other restrictions may apply.
6. Giveaway Draw Dates. There will be Giveaway’s every Friday:
(1) Five prizes, each prize consists of two free passes to Putting Edge (2) Giveaway Entries will be drawn by having the first five @PuttingEdge followers tweet #FreePassFriday by answering a “Friday Question” correctly in accordance with these Official Rules and under direct supervision of the judges, whose decisions regarding this Giveaway are final in all respects. All members who used the hashtag #FreePassFriday and answer the Friday Question correctly will be entered to win a Free Pass to Putting Edge. (3) A Friday Question is a question that the Putting Edge twitter followers must answer in order to be eligible to win two free passes to Putting Edge.
7. How to Win. The first five people that follow @PuttingEdge via Twitter who tweet the answer to a Friday Question and use the hashtag #FreePassFriday will win two free passes to Putting Edge. Once there are five winners, @PuttingEdge will send out a tweet asking the winners to direct message @PuttingEdge with their mailing address and phone number. At Putting Edge Corp.’s sole discretion, from the information provided by that selected entrant in his or her Giveaway registration, as evidenced by a verbal confirmation or return e-mail from the selected entrant. The selected entrant must provide his/her address so that Putting Edge Corp. can arrange to send the prize by mail.
In addition to the foregoing, in order to claim a Prize, the selected entrant must be 13 years of age and older on the day that he/she participated in the #FreePassFriday Giveaway. If a selected entrant of a Prize is under 13 years of age, the Prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian of such person, who must accept the Prize on the individual’s behalf. Putting Edge Corp. reserves the right to verify the age of any selected entrant.
Should a selected entrant not be reached by the Contact Date, for any reason, including, but not limited to, the fact that a selected entrant did not provide a functioning e-mail address or valid telephone number, or if that selected entrant is unable to answer the Friday Question or does not meet all of the Giveaway conditions, the Prize shall be automatically forfeited by that selected entrant. In such event, the prize will then be carried onto the following Friday, where there will be six winners who will each win two free passes to Putting Edge.
8. By entering the Giveaway, the Giveaway winner consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, voice, photograph, video, statements and/or likeness, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law, in any publicity or advertising in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity carried by or on behalf of Putting Edge Corp., its agencies and affiliates.
9. If a selected entrant or declared winner is not in compliance with these Giveaway Rules, or is found ineligible, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate entry selected. Putting Edge reserves the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest.
10. General Rules.
a) All entries become the property of Putting Edge Corp. and none shall be returned.
b) Any entry that is incomplete, illegible, damaged or irregular, or that contains false information is invalid.
c) Putting Edge Corp. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, close, suspend, reinstate or amend in whole or in part, the Giveaway at any time without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, and if required, subject to, in the case of Quebec, the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
d) By entering the Giveaway, each entrant agrees to abide by these Giveaway Rules, which are subject to change without notice to Giveaway entrants individually.
e) By entering the Giveaway, each entrant automatically releases each of the Releasees (as defined below) and any other person or entity associated in any way with the Giveaway from any and all liability arising in any manner out of the Giveaway, including without limitation, the selection of any Prize winners, the administration of the Giveaway, and the acceptance or the use of any or all of the Prizes as awarded.
f) All decisions by Putting Edge Corp. with respect to all aspects of the Giveaway shall be final and binding. All entrants agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of Putting Edge Corp. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Giveaway Rules or any decision rendered by Putting Edge Corp., the decision or interpretation of Putting Edge Corp. shall prevail.
g) Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, to interfere with the Giveaway or these Giveaway Rules, to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Giveaway, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and Putting Edge Corp. reserves the right to seek damages or other relief or both from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Putting Edge Corp. Giveaways and Promotions.
h) The Releasees are not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. The Releasees are not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system or other electronic device resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Giveaway.
i) Putting Edge Corp. does not assume responsibility of any nature whatsoever in all cases where the inability to hold the Giveaway results from any event beyond the reasonable control of Putting Edge Corp., including without limitation, any Act of God, any strike, lock-out or other labour conflict, war, act of terror, unavailability of any website, or should a virus, worm, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Putting Edge Corp. corrupt the security, data integrity, or proper administration of the Giveaway.
k) No Liability of Releasees. None of Putting Edge Corp., its associates, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) are responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury up to and including death, property loss or other damage to entrant, winner and/or travelling companion arising from or in connection with the acceptance, redemption or use/misuse of a Prize or participation in this Giveaway. The Prize winner(s) assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Giveaway or use or redemption of the Prize.
l) The Releasees shall not be responsible for entries not received or not considered eligible due to incomplete, inaccurate, unclear or indecipherable information, failed or interrupted network connections or other mechanical or technical problems, however caused, (including a busy phone signal). The Releasees shall have no liability for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected Giveaway entries, or for any failure, interruption, delay, error or omission of the Putting Edge Corp. website, or any other website(s) used during or for the purpose of participating in the Giveaway (the “Website(s)”) or features on the Websites during the Giveaway, for any problems related to the Websites or the Putting Edge Corp. website, including mechanical or technical malfunction of, or damage to, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, for failure of any email or Giveaway entry to be received by Putting Edge for any reason, for damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other electronic device(s), or for breaches of privacy for any reason beyond the control of the Releasees, including interference by third party computer “hackers”.
11) This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void outside Canada and United States of America or where prohibited by law. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario. For residents of Quebec: any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Giveaway may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling; and any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
12) If any provision of these Giveaway Rules or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall, to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Giveaway Rules, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby and each provision of these Giveaway Rules shall be valid and enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law and be independent of every other provision of these Giveaway Rules.