Earth Hour is a worldwide movement uniting people to protect the planet. Organized by WWF, this year’s Earth Hour is on Saturday, March 29 from 8:30pm to 9:30pm. Earth Hour started as a lights-off event in Sydney, Australia in 2007. Since then it has grown to more than 7000 cities worldwide. Putting Edge has some great ideas on how you and your family can help support Earth Hour. Visit your local Putting Edge where the lights are always off.
5 ways you can support and enjoy Earth Hour:
1) Bring your friends and family to Putting Edge! Join us and celebrate Earth Hour in the dark, like we’ve done since we opened.
2) Family game night! Try playing a board game by candle light. Whip out Monopoly, Janga, Operation, Sorry, Perfection, or a deck of cards. Have Fun!
3) Go out for a walk! Getting some good ol’ fresh air is great way to get some exercise, take your eyes off your computer or TV screen. You’ll also have a great opportunity to look up and observe the billions of stars in the sky. Don’t forget to bundle up and keep warm!
4) Go camping! Get out your camping gear, set up a tent and tell ghostly stories. You can also pre-make s’mores, hot chocolate, pop-corn and have a fantastic time in your own backyard, living room or basement.
5) Read story books you haven’t touched in a while. Let Winnie The Pooh take you on an adventure with Tiger and Christopher Robin. Read about how Ariel met Prince Eric, or how Wilbur the pig and Charlotte the spider took care of each other.
For more information on Earth Hour and how you can participate, visit Earth Hour’s website. You’ll be amazed with how many people worldwide unite to protect the planet.